Universal Studios Hollywood
Welcome to this unofficial fan site charting the history and development of Universal Studios Hollywood over the years since movie production started on the site in 1912. Creative staff at Universal Studios Hollywood constantly redefine the meaning of "themed entertainment" with high-tech attractions as diverse as Waterworld and the Revenge of the Mummy. Underpinning it all is the solid historical background of Universal Pictures, the movie studio around and through which the theme park has grown and evolved.
I hope you enjoy your stay here at Universal Studios Hollywood.
Don't forget to explore the other studios that this website now covers too.
Here are some shortcuts to key parts of the website:
- Backlot Sets and History
- Current Theme Park Attractions
- NEW: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood! Opening 2016.
- Information about Transformers: The Ride, now open
- Information about the King Kong attraction.
- To find out about Movies, TV shows and Music Videos made at Universal Studios click on Front Lot.
- Information about the Studio Tour and the attractions that have interrupted the Guests' tours over the years are on the Studio Tour page. Enjoy!
Content and photos (c) theStudioTour.com except where noted.